Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 09:18:51 +0200
From:      "Fulvio Risso" <risso@polito.it>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Compiling OTCL

Hello everyone.

I'm compiling the otcl from the /usr/port/lang/otcl directory, in =
FreeBSD 3.3.
The command that I'm using is

   make PREFIX=3D/usr/common install

The problem is that the configure script gives me an error when looking =
for Xbsd libraries:

> configure:1241: checking for main in -lXbsd
> configure:1256: cc -o conftest -O -pipe   conftest.c -lXbsd   1>&5
> /usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot open -lXbsd: No such file or directory
> configure: failed program was:
> #line 1249 "configure"
> #include "confdefs.h"

> int main() {
> main()
> ; return 0; }

According to other suggestions, I've tried to compile adding the command =

   --disable-static

when launching the configure file, but without any results.
Where am I wrong?

Thanks.

	fulvio