Date:      Wed, 21 Jan 1998 14:41:40 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        "SiGRiD Fenderson, Fnordkiller" <sigrid@bconnex.net>
Cc:        "Nate Williams" <nate@mt.sri.com>, <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PC-CARD woes

> >> specified in pccard.conf is the memory range - does it need to be stated explicitly?
> >
> >Yes.  This is from the sample pccard.conf file that is distributed with
> >FreeBSD.
>

> Okay, here's my current config:
>
> io      0x240-0x360
> irq     10 11
> memory  0xd4000  96k

Hmm, that looks fine.

> I am now back to "driver allocation failed for Megahertz."  *boggle*
> Is there a good FAQ/handbook/manpage that explains the memory
> addressing?  I have tweaked the config stated above with various
> values including the 0xd0000 address (which worked when I installed
> FreeBSD) and various sizes, but to no avail.

At this point, you're best bet is to put some printf's in the actual
driver to see what resources it thinks it's getting, and to figure out
which resource it doesn't like.  (In reality, this sort of information
should be made available to the user by default, but it isn't. :( )

Nate