Date:      Wed, 11 Nov 1998 14:44:57 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Jahanur R Subedar <jahanur@jjsoft.com>
Cc:        Joe Gleason <clash@tasam.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Finding the pid of a tcp connection

On Tuesday, 10 November 1998 at 21:51:48 -0600, Jahanur R Subedar wrote:
> I am just curious.
> 1) Is this known as list server?

Not as far as I know.  It stands for "list open files".  The -i option
specifies that it should look at IP connections instead.

> 2) Is port collection lsof same as the Purdue Version.

Probably.  From the man page:

AUTHORS
     Lsof was written by Victor A. Abell <abe@purdue.edu> of the
     Purdue University Computing Center (PUCC).  Many others have
     contributed to lsof.  They're listed in the 00CREDITS file
     of the lsof distribution.

> and can Purdue version be trusted to install.

Maybe.  Why bother?

Greg