Date:      Thu, 18 Dec 2003 03:31:50 -0700
From:      christoffer@trollcomputing.com
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so problem

Hello all!

I'm running FreeBSD v. 5.1
I'm having problems getting commands like
chmod and chown to read winbind data.

I've installed samba from ports with the

make WITH_WINBIND_NSS=yes

compile option.
I've also created a
/etc/nsswitch.conf file containing:

passwd:     files winbind
group:      files winbind

I've copied the :
/usr/ports/net/samba/work/samba-2.2.8a/source/nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so
to:
/usr/lib
(also tried /usr/local/lib)

I've done all the nessecary samba configurations, and can get user and groups
with :
wbinfo -u and -g. I've allso joined my NT domain with no problems,
so winbind is working properly.

The thing is that commands like chmod and chown can not assign to the winbind
gathered user/group list.

I belive these commands use the information from /etc/nsswitch.conf when they
get usernames and groupnames?

I just get "invalid argument" when trying to chown a file to a user from the
winbind list.

Please help me out!