Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 1998 15:45:44 -0500
From:      "Yarema" <yds@dppl.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ld.so not finding libtermcap.so.3.0 and others.

I'm rather new to FreeBSD and the list so forgive me if this was already
covered.

Initially I installed 3.0-971225-SNAP onto a clean drive. All went well.
Then I got sidetracked and didn't have time to play with it for a while
aside from rebuilding the kernel and getting X up and running. So I decided
to get the latest SNAP (at the time: 3.0-980206-SNAP) the brute force
method -- by reinstalling all the packages over the old install. After
rebooting ld.so complains that it can't find a bunch of libs. running just
about anything which requires a *.so.* doesn't work. running ldconfig
doesn't fix things cuz the missing files are just not there. Question is:
Where are they? Is there a package I can install to make things good again?
Do I have to build these libs? If so, can someone point me as to where the
sources usually sit?

Thanks,
Yarema