Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 13:46:50 -0700
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@DougBarton.net>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [CFR] /sys/miscfs/* -> /sys/fs/

Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Tue, 22 May 2001 20:04:48 +0200, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>
> > >ext2fs would go in fs/gnu/ext2fs (or is it gnu/fs/ext2fs?).  Ugh.
> >
> > it would be src/sys/gnu/fs/ext2fs or src/sys/contrib/fs/ext2fs
>
> Is it feasible to keep this consistent with userland by putting the
> source in src/sys/contrib and the build infrastructure in src/sys/gnu?

	That's an abomination all its own. Way back when /usr/src/gnu was used
(essentially) just like /usr/src/contrib, with all of the code there and
the build stuff in the "normal" place in the tree. It's hard to say at this
point what's the best way to fix the current silliness, but perpetuating it
definitely shouldn't be an option.

Doug
--
    I need someone really bad. Are you really bad?