Date:      Sat, 19 Sep 2020 00:54:34 +0600
From:      FreeBSD Core Team Secretary <core-secretary@freebsd.org>
To:        announce@freebsd.org
Subject:   Core Team Office Hours

--Apple-Mail=_D16C193A-390A-44CD-A20C-00F53AA0455F

Based on the continuity of our last CORE Office Hours The FreeBSD CORE =
Team would like to invite you all to a virtual town hall meeting. The =
session is timed at 1800 UTC on 23rd September, 2020. See =
https://wiki.freebsd.org/OfficeHours for details on how to join either a =
live stream to watch, or an interactive meeting to participate. A link =
to this agenda (and any updates) will be there as well. A similar =
session is planned on the next week and will be announced soon targeting =
the other part of the world.

We=E2=80=99ll be discussing the following topics and taking general =
questions at the end. We=E2=80=99ll have a moderator who will help call =
on people in the meeting to ask questions (or to offer comments) as well =
as relay relevant questions from IRC.

* Git Transition -- To raise awareness, Ed Maste and Warner Losh will be =
giving a brief presentation about the state of the project=E2=80=99s =
planned transition to git. They can answer a few questions here, but are =
also planning an entire office hours on the git transition (tentatively =
scheduled in two weeks).

* Recruiting for project teams -- When a new core team takes over, =
it=E2=80=99s a good time to assess the needs of each of the teams that =
we have running different aspects of the project, such as administering =
our machines and helping keep FreeBSD secure. One common theme is the =
need for more help. We=E2=80=99ll discuss what teams there are, and make =
a recruiting pitch and answer any questions.

* Core TODO List publishing -- To continue the openness initiative, the =
core team will start publishing out TODO list. This will be in addition =
to the normal meeting minutes and other openness ideas. The new core =
team would love to hear from the community how to improve our =
communications.

* Discuss proposed terminology changes -- The prior core team had sent =
out a proposal about how to handle shifts in language based on societal =
change. The initial message was poorly written and didn=E2=80=99t strike =
the right tone. We=E2=80=99ll discuss it, the underlying issue and how =
the new core team plans on doing things better.

* General Questions -- Time permitting, the new core team can answer any =
other questions or concerns the community might have.

Thanks! We look forward to meeting you.

Regards,
Moin (bofh), with core-secretary@ hat on