Date:      Mon, 17 Oct 2022 19:35:59 +0000
From:      Thomas Laus <lausts@acm.org>
To:        Current FreeBSD <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Installation using NFS spams console

I have been building FreeBSD CURRENT every 2 weeks for years.  I build
on a fest PC and then use NFS exports of /usr/src and /usr/obj to update
several other PC's.  I received many 'Permission denied' messages as the
kernel and world installs progressed.

make[4]: warning:
/usr/obj/usr/src/amd64.amd64/sys/GENERIC-NODEBUG/modules/usr/src/sys/modules/zlib:
Permission denied.

This did not happen 2 weeks ago with:

main-258348-ffbc2a58b13a.

I built:

main-n258628-0ca740d9a639

Today and received the above messages.  I have an empty /etc/exports
file and the problem directories have the zfs properties of sharenfs set
to yes.  There was nothing in /usr/src/UPDATING today with any NFS
listed changes.  Everything installed correctly after showing this
warning for every file.

Tom

--
Public Keys: