Date:      Tue, 03 Feb 2009 08:05:16 +0100
From:      Florian Smeets <flo@kasimir.com>
To:        Arjan van Leeuwen <avleeuwen@piwebs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 7.1 on MacBook Pro: sysinstall keyboard problems

On 02.02.2009 21:37 Uhr, Arjan van Leeuwen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE/i386 on a MacBook Pro (October
> 2008 model) with a US international keyboard.
>
> The DVD boots fine, but once I get into sysinstall, it's like the Ctrl key
> is stuck. Whenever I type 'C' it actually does Ctrl+C (and exits the
> install), and I can't even get a dmesg from fixit because 'D' acts like
> Ctrl+D and logs me out. Has anyone seen this before, any ideas on how to fix
> this?

Yes, I've seen this. It's the same in recent HEAD (both with old USB and
USB2). This started to happen with the MacBook Pros 4,1.

The keyboard does work in X but not on the console. (i installed using a
USB keyboard).

I would very much like to see this working, but i have absolutely no
clue where to start looking...

Cheers,
Florian