Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 14:01:11 +0100
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        jim@corp.au.triax.com
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 invalid format

On Wed, Mar 10, 1999 at 05:05:29PM +1100, Jim Mock wrote:
> Anyone know what needs to be done to solve the message in the subject
> line?  Here's what happened..
>
> I upgraded from 2.2.8-RELEASE to 3.1-RELEASE a few days ago, and
> updated WindowMaker to 0.51.0 (from 0.50.2) yesterday and everything
> was fine.  Earlier today, I was working on some graphics with the GIMP
> and it crashed and took X with it.  I had to reboot with the reset
> button because my entire system froze.  Once it came back up, I ran
> startx again to get back into WindowMaker and got the message in the
> subject.  I got another /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 file from another 3.1
> box I have access to and tried again.  Still didn't work.  Then I
> tried reinstalling WindowMaker and configure couldn't find libPropList
> (which it did find yesterday).  I installed the libPropList port
> again, and this time WindowMaker installed without problems.  I
> rebooted, and tried startx again.. same thing.
>
> Has anyone seen this?  I can run KDE without problems, but I want
> to know what the problem is (as much for curiousity sake as to get
> WindowMaker working again).  I don't especially like KDE, but right
> now I don't have much choice because WindowMaker won't start.

I have the same problem. Earlier I had problems compiling windowmaker,
but after a tip I deinstalled all different pkg_add'ed libs and
reinstalled again. After that windowmaker compiled cleanly, but when
starting it I get: /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1 invalid format

--
                           __o
regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_