Date:      Sun, 22 Feb 2004 08:26:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
To:        Neil Camara <neil-on-mobile@restricted.dyndns.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: weak signal

Neil Camara wrote:
> Richard Letts writes:
> > On Sun, 22 Feb 2004, Neil Camara wrote:
> >> I am using Netgear MA311 PCI card on FreeBSD as my access point. It's down
> >> in my basement. I am only getting 2 bars in my workstation situated in 1st
> >> floor. Is there a way to make the signal much more stronger?
> > I picked up an external Omnidirection antenna from Frys last weekend for
> > my MA311 for about $30. I think it was a SMC or LynkSys, either way it
> > sits on top of my freeBSD box instead of burried in the tangle of wires at
> > the back and I get quite a lot more signal to the tivo box, and our
> > laptops.
> Can you show me where the URL link is? I want to try it.

Just FYI, I've picked up a few bits and piece from a company in Florida
called "Fleeman Anderson & Bird."  They have a ton of stuff, including
panel antennas and many other things.  They're at
	http://www.fab-corp.com/index.htm

I'll bet they'll have something that will solve (or at least alleviate)
your problem.

I have no association with them, btw, I'm just a satisfied customer.
--
Frank Mayhar frank@exit.com	http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting                 http://www.gpsclock.com/