Date:      Tue, 25 Sep 2001 10:33:38 -0700
From:      rick norman <rick.norman@lmco.com>
To:        "[AFQ]T1T4N" <evilnet@terra.cl>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PRoblems With Nvidia Gforce

Hi,
I went through the same problem a few months ago.  Inorder to get X working
on my Dell system running 4.3 release with Nvidia Gforce I had to load 4.0.2
XFree86 as per instructions on the xfree86.org web site.  I then used
xf86config
to manually configure the XF86Config file.  You need to specify the "nv" driver

in the file.  It all works fine now.
Rick

"[AFQ]T1T4N" wrote:

> hi
> I have trouble with my video card, i think that's no supported, i have a
> Gforce 2MX AGP 32 Mb and I try to configurate in FREEBSD 4.3 but i can't, i
> installed the last Xfree(4.1.0) and it appears in the list, but when the
> system is going to start Xserver it falls down and the screens seems with a
> lot of distortion.
>
> please help me with that.

Logically speaking, logic is not the answer.

Rick Norman
rick.norman@lmco.com
408 742 1619