Date:      Wed, 7 Nov 2012 10:17:43 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
Cc:        Yuri <yuri@rawbw.com>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pgbench performance is lagging compared to Linux and DragonflyBSD?

Hello, Wojciech.
You wrote 6 =D0=BD=D0=BE=D1=8F=D0=B1=D1=80=D1=8F 2012 =D0=B3., 13:25:05:

WP> performance in normal unix style usage - multiple different programs do=
ing
WP> multiple different things for multiple different users - in the same ti=
me.

WP> This is a case with at least 99% of users. The less than 1% that have so
WP> heavy load that needs separete machine dedicated to single program doing
WP> one thing
 In  my  experience,  in  modern  world,  most  of computers are not
true-multiuser. It is dedicated servers (DB, front-end, middle layer
with something like RoR or node.js) or personal (mobile)
workstations. If hardware is shared between different tasks, it is
shared via hypervisor and multiple OS instances...

--=20
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>