Date:      Mon, 9 Jul 2001 12:17:07 EDT
From:      Bsdguru@aol.com
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Mall now BSDCentral

In a message dated 07/08/2001 9:11:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time, billf@mu.org
writes:

> On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 12:29:03PM -0400, Bsdguru@aol.com wrote:
>
>  > >  Luckily, with this post to the mailing list you can join the ranks of
> doing
>  > >  nothing positive for the project. Congrats!
>  > >
>  > I seriously doubt if I am the only one who is beyond disappointed in
BSDI'
>  > "contribution" to FreeBSD.
>
>  I actually made detailed replies to each of your points individually but
>  trashed them when I realized they could all be simplified into one:
>
>   You are a troll and a cluebie.
>
>  Having said that, post-WC BSDi funded and supported more things then you
>  obviously are aware of.  You may want to do a little more research until
>  you accuse them of being anything but positive for the project. For every
>  point you just accused them of being absent and non-beneficial I can name
>  multiple major contributions they funded, supported with people, or flat
>  out donated.

Is name-calling on the list allowed now? Very classy. From the archives I see
that you make quite a habit of it. You must be quite an important fellow (or
do you have pictures of jordan with barnyard animals?). And obviously not
very good at making valid arguments if you have to resort to such.

Congrats on snipping out my comments, which you continue to fail to absorb.

My point was that they got no RESULTS. Just as they spent millions
advertising their OS, their dollars didnt translate into results because they
are clueless marketeers. "Funding" is nice, but noone call look at the "BSDI
era" and say "Gee, they really made an impact". All I said is that I wasnt
surprised. Its their history. FreeBSD has never been further behind linux in
the public relations mix, and the gap is widening, even though its a better
product.

Clearly this is a sore spot for you and you are incapable of being objective,
so I'll just leave it at that.