Date:      Mon, 23 Dec 2002 09:23:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Matthew Kolb <muk@msu.edu>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAWS ack-on-ack loop avoided

    The printf() is only in HEAD for feedback purposes.  I'd like to leave
    it in there just a little while longer (maybe a week at the rate things
    are going).  It looks like more people are hitting this bug(fix) then
    we previously thought would hit it, which is actually somewhat worrying
    because it only occurs when you get out-of-order timestamp replies.

    Could you tell me what services were running or what you were doing
    when you got the warnings?  Are you running a web server?  Talking
    to windows boxes at all?

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>

:>=20
:> Which appears to just be triggered by a mechanism to drop
:> bad packets.  Is this correct?  Is this something I should be
:> concerned about?
:>=20
:Matt,
:
:I'm seeing these too.  Can you please remove the relevant
:printf() or at least limit it to the ``if (verbose)'' or
:DIAGNOSTIC, whatever is more appropriate?
:
:
:Cheers,
:--=20