Date:      Wed, 10 May 2006 12:26:11 -0700
From:      "Kip Macy" <kip.macy@gmail.com>
To:        "Konstantin Saurbier" <saurbier@math.uni-bielefeld.de>,  freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing on a SunBlade 1500

Only Linux supports USIII as only David Miller got access to the
specs. There are a couple of errata in the USIII that may not be
obvious from the sources. FreeBSD may support USIII at some point, but
getting good performance on the T1 is higher priority right now.

                          -Kip

On 5/10/06, stan <stanb@panix.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 03:56:39PM +0200, Konstantin Saurbier wrote:
> > On Tue, 9 May 2006 19:48:59 -0400
> > stan <stanb@panix.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I;m trying to install 6.1-RELEASE on a SunBlade 1500.
> > (...)
> >
> > > What am I doing wrong?
> >
> > Your Blade 1500 is UltraSparc III based, but unfortunately all machines=
 based on USIII or higher are unsupported.
> > For my Blade 1000 there is at least the driver for the Schizo PCI-Chip =
missing.
> > You should notice a similar error while booting FreeBSD, it should hang=
 at nexus0 without loading or detecting other hardware.