Date:      Thu, 20 Oct 2022 13:27:34 +0300
From:      Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>
To:        Toomas Soome <tsoome@me.com>, Emmanuel Vadot <manu@bidouilliste.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: loader.efi module path vs kernel directory

On 20/10/2022 13:20, Toomas Soome wrote:
> Also, instead of manual load, you may want to use enable-module.

Emmanuel, Toomas,

thank you very much for the suggestions.

It seems like my installation may be messed up or outdated somehow, see below
(and sorry about those ^M-s).  I do not seem to have boot-conf or *-module commands.

I checked that the EFI partition has exactly the same loader.efi as in /boot,
but maybe some other files (configuration?) are outdated.
Also, forgot to mention, this is with stable/13, not main / current.

OK ?^M
Available commands:^M
   copy_staging     copy staging^M
   staging_slop     set staging slop^M
   efi-autoresizeconEFI Auto-resize Console^M
   gop              graphics output protocol^M
   uga              universal graphics adapter^M
   efi-seed-entropy try to get entropy from the EFI RNG^M
   poweroff         power off the system^M
   reboot           reboot the system^M
   quit             exit the loader^M
   memmap           print memory map^M
   configuration    print configuration tables^M
   mode             change or display EFI text modes^M
   lsefi            list EFI handles^M
   chain            chain load file^M
   netserver        change or display netserver URI^M
   loadfont         load console font from file^M
   grab_faults      grab faults^M
   ungrab_faults    ungrab faults^M
   fault            generate fault^M
   boot             boot a file or loaded kernel^M
   autoboot         boot automatically after a delay^M
   help             detailed help^M
   ?                list commands^M
   show             show variable(s)^M
   set              set a variable^M
   unset            unset a variable^M
   echo             echo arguments^M
   read             read input from the terminal^M
   more             show contents of a file^M
   lsdev            list all devices^M
   readtest         Time a file read^M
   include          read commands from a file^M
   ls               list files^M
   load             load a kernel or module^M
   unload           unload all modules^M
   lsmod            list loaded modules^M
   pnpmatch         list matched modules based on pnpinfo^M
   pnpload          load matched modules based on pnpinfo^M
   pnpautoload      auto load modules based on pnpinfo^M
   nvstore          manage non-volatile data^M
   map-vdisk        map file as virtual disk^M
   unmap-vdisk      unmap virtual disk^M
   bcachestat       get disk block cache stats^M
   lszfs            list child datasets of a zfs dataset^M
   reloadbe         refresh the list of ZFS Boot Environments^M
   efi-show         print some or all EFI variables^M
   efi-set          set EFI variables^M
   efi-unset        delete / unset EFI variables^M

--
Andriy Gapon