Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 1999 07:23:52 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
Cc:        obrien@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: REQ: Test /etc/rc clean-up

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999 11:59:05 MST, Doug wrote:

> However I'd REALLY like to emphasize again that if we're going to do
> this the proper fix is to use case wherever possible.
>
> I have offered several times to do the work if it has a chance of
> being committed, that offer is still good.

Hi Doug,

The several times before, did folks come up with objections, or was it
just a case of mass apathy? :-)

I don't want to piss into the wind of wisdom from ages past, but I like
the sound of what you're suggesting. I guess if there _are_ sensible
objections, they'll crop up when you send a diff?

Oh, and thanks for the offer. You no doubt understand that this is
probably not something that'll get pumped straight into CURRENT without
a goodly number of "works for me" messages in prviate mail from folks
using lotsa weird setups. ;-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.