Date:      Thu, 27 May 2004 15:19:46 +0200
From:      Simon Barner <barner@in.tum.de>
To:        Lars Eighner <eighner@io.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mplayer + realaudio ... what to expect when installing ...

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3

Lars Eighner wrote:
> works fine without X - whether you can build it without X, I
> don't know and I rather doubt.

Hi,

out of curiosity, I renamed /usr/X11R6, removed the USE_XLIB line from
the port. It configured fine (stating that all of the X11 video out
options were disabled), so I guess it will also build an run.

Given that fact, that you can also hack the linux-realplayer port not to
depend on the linux compatibility layer (which would probably introduce
a dependency on X11), and the fact that mplayer has its own magic to use
linux and even windows shared libraries, the OPs goal should be really
achievable.

Simon

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3

--r5Pyd7+fXNt84Ff3--