Date:      Wed, 6 Oct 2004 23:43:56 -0700
From:      "whitevamp" <whitevamp47@hotmail.com>
To:        "Nikolas Britton" <freebsd@nbritton.org>, "Pierre LeBlanc" <pierre@greenkangaroo.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about ports

when u upgrade perl to a newer ver useing the ports tree its quit simple .
at the end of it installing it tell you that if u whant to use that version
u need to use this command onley once though use.perl port and then u also
need to read README in the bas dir of the ports tree IE: /usr/ports/UPDATING
in there it talks about getting all the perl progs switched over to the
newer ver of perl and thats it..  or at least that worked 4 me
PS: you might whant to look at /usr/ports/UPDATING before you go and install
perl ..thats a good file to read after u cvsup your tree