Date:      29 Jan 2003 20:55:07 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        William Palfreman <william@palfreman.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD User Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Mozilla 1.2.1: No running window found

--=-2PykJjPgloqpsJunML2b

On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 20:47, William Palfreman wrote:
> I've just used portupgrade to upgrade from mozilla 1.0 to 1.2.1.  This
> is what I get:
>=20
> $ mozilla
> No running window found.
> Segmentation fault
>=20
> This is on 4.6.2-p6 on a k6-2 with 512Mb of ram (and compiled with k6
> optimisations).  Is this my fault (or a minor fault to do with my setup)
> or is the port broken?  It worked fine before.

You really shouldn't complain unless you're tried things without k6
optimizations.  Also, there isn't enough information to go on here to
determine a root cause.  The port is not broken.  It does work for quite
few people.

What I recommend is first trying with the standard CFLAGS (-O -pipe).=20
If it still fails, try building with -DWITHOUT_XFT defined, and see if
that helps.  If it still fails, you will need to use gdb to analyze the
crash to see what's going on.  We will also need to see the list of
other packages installed on your machine.

Joe

>=20
> TIA,
> Bill.
>=20
> with "unsubscribe freebsd-gnome" in the body of the message
--=20

--=-2PykJjPgloqpsJunML2b

--=-2PykJjPgloqpsJunML2b--