Date:      Thu, 18 May 2006 19:38:04 +0200
From:      Hans Nieser <h.nieser@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: High Definition Audio driver

Oliver Fromme wrote:
> Hans Nieser <h.nieser@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>  > Norberto Meijome wrote:
>  > > On Wed, 17 May 2006 15:45:15 +0700
>  > > "Angka H. K." <harikurniawan@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > >
>  > > > Please make it work
>  > > > I'll be very hapy to test it
>  > >
>  > > same here - thanks a lot Stephane! :)
>  > > B
>  >
>  > Here's another "me too" :)
>
> And while you are waiting for the driver to arrive, you
> can use 4front's OSS driver from www.opensound.com.
> They support various chips in HDA mode (including the
> intel ICH* and nForce) on FreeBSD.  It's not open-source,
> but at least it's free for personal use.

I already tried those, but my HDA device is sharing an interrupt with my
nvidia device, and it is apparently causing panics with the 4front OSS
driver. I haven't been able to get it to behave (I can't do much about the
interrupts it is using through the BIOS unfortunately) other than
disabling the nvidia driver but since I'd like to run X that isn't much of
an option either =/