Date:      Tue, 13 Dec 2022 13:17:50 +0100
From:      Quelrond Q <quelrond@gmail.com>
To:        Fred Finster <fred@thegalacticzoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Desktop Environments, MATE, XFCE4 anyone else running a desktop environment on their ARM64 sbc with FreeBSD 14.0-CURRENT?

Hello,

Enlightenment installed from package worked perfectly on RPi4 with 4GB =
de RAM on FreeBSD 13.

Peter=20

<fred@thegalacticzoo.com> a =C3=A9crit :
>=20
> Hello Fellow FreeBSD-arm users,
>=20
> just wondering if anyone else is enjoying a desktop environment on =
their ARM64 sbc running FreeBSD 13.0-STABLE or 13.1-RELENG or =
14.0-CURRENT?  MATE or XFCE4? other Desktop Environment?
>=20
> I was enjoying MATE desktop environment on my Raspberry Pi 4B with 8 =
gb ram, using hardware I bought almost 2 years ago in January 2021 from =
Vilros.com  .
>=20
> https://forums.raspberrypi.com/viewtopic.php?t=3D343233
> (Solved), HDMI audio sound output through TV speakers Freebsd 13 or 14 =
plus VCHIQ audio patch file
>=20
> This  wiki.radxa.com/rock5   SBC hardware looks promising.  Is there =
any FreeBSD O/S support for that hardware for the RK3588 8 cpu board?  =
too new to know, until someone buys one hardware board and tries booting =
FreeBSD-ARM64.?
>=20
> https://ameridroid.com/collections/rock5-model-b
>=20
> https://wiki.radxa.com/Rock5
>=20
> pkg update ;  pkg upgrade   broke my desktop environment from being =
usable.  versionsort() function was undefined somehow in the updated =
software.    Well, I learned to ssh into the Raspi4B via the ethernet =
cable and that is working fine for building and testing software with a =
single screen.
>=20
> Audio_Patch for VCHIQ, So nice to listen to YouTube videos on your SBC =
computer.  What can I do to review and help move that patch to be part =
of the source code?
>=20
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D36431   I am reading this now. Doing my =
part to move FreeBSD source forward.
>=20
> Wishing you a pleasant week FreeBSD-arm user, in your use of FreeBSD =
on Armv7 or Armv8a.  Bob P  is doing his testing, too! Good Job Bob.