Date:      Thu, 31 Aug 1995 06:18:11 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        petri@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: gencat bloat [Re: /usr/src/usr.bin/ee]

> FYI: Inflating the FreeBSD system with extensive use of
> internationalisation thingies would be a very well reason for me and
> the people around me to throw out the FreeBSD installations. Small is
> beautiful. At the very least, make the stuff optional to install.

1. I didn't see you complaining about this back in 2.0.5, why now?
   There was all KINDS of I18N bloat in that boot floppy, so much so
   that I eventually ran out of room for all the docs.

2. 2.1 is taking a different (but not radically so) approach in simply
   making one boot floppy per language.  If you want a german floppy,
   then you BOOT a german floppy.  If you don't, then you just choose the
   standard english one and forget about it.  I don't see the problem.

3. A lot of people do want natural language support.  The whole world
   does not speak english, as much as we americans would sometimes like
   it to.. :-)

						Jordan