Date:      Sat, 3 Jun 2017 10:20:43 -0400
From:      Mason Loring Bliss <mason@blisses.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linuxulator / Chrome

--24zk1gE8NUlDmwG9

[Posted to freebsd-questions last night, but there's probably a better
chance of someone having done this here.]

Hi all. Will Chrome work on Linuxulator if I chase down enough dependencies=
?   =20
I'm trying to get BlueJeans running, and it's balking in both Firefox and  =
    =20
Chromium on FreeBSD (11-STABLE) so I figured I'd give Chrome under the     =
    =20
Linuxulator a try. I hit several missing libraries until I realized I neede=
d   =20
to install the whole linux-c6 (also tried linux-c7) suite.                 =
    =20
                                                                           =
    =20
Once that was done, I hit this:                                            =
    =20
                                                                           =
    =20
    ./chrome: error while loading shared libraries: libgconf-2.so.4: cannot=
    =20
    open shared object file: No such file or directory                     =
    =20
                                                                           =
    =20
We don't seem to have a package for it.                                    =
    =20
                                                                           =
    =20
I tried running ldd to see what other libraries I'd need, but the ldd in   =
    =20
/compat bailed out, saying "missing file". I suspect it's not intended to b=
e   =20
used, as it has /bin/bash in the shebang line. The native LDD was unhappy  =
    =20
with the Chrome binary.                                                    =
    =20
                                                                           =
    =20
I've now pulled out a list of libraries from a Linux machine where I could =
    =20
run ldd, and I can collect the libraries by hand from Linux to populate    =
    =20
/compat, but I'm really interested in knowing if anyone's gotten Chrome    =
    =20
working this way, or if I'll run into known obstacles once I have all the  =
    =20
libraries in place.                                                        =
    =20
                                                                           =
    =20
Thanks!                                                                    =
    =20

--=20
Mason Loring Bliss            mason@blisses.org            http://blisses.o=
rg/ =20
The sand bats of Manark IV look like inanimate rock crystals until they att=
ack.

--24zk1gE8NUlDmwG9

--24zk1gE8NUlDmwG9--