Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 1997 20:22:37 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
Cc:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>, jkh@time.cdrom.com, multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: guspnp18 on sb32 non-PnP (was Re: 2.2.5)

>From The Desk Of Randall Hopper :
> Say, speaking of TV, I guess you ironed out the problem you initially
> mentioned running fxtv on your Millenium.  Never did get the full story
> there.  Anyway, what I was going to mention was Hugh LaMaster posted to the
> list asking about TV and requests for choice video cards, mentioning ATI,
> S3, and Milleniums specifically.  I couldn't help much with the Millenium
> side, but having been there yourself, you might want to give him some
> advice/tips.  Look for the thread "Re: BT848 & ATI / S3 Cards" in your
> multimedia folder.

No change was done to the Bt848  driver to support the Matrox Millenium.
Xfree86 simply changed the byte ordering in the their X Server.
Not sure if it was due to our request or not however I did
mention the problem that we were having to David Dawes who
is part of XFree86.

The Matrox Millenium X server is the fastest X server that XFree86 has to
offer at least thats the case for the last few months. On my
PPro it generates over a million X stones at 8 bit color depth
and 1024x768.

I own several graphic cards and must say that I don't miss my S3
968 which I am very fond of and still use on my Pentium 133 system 8)

	Amancio