Date:      Sun, 13 Jan 2002 00:28:49 -0500
From:      Pat Wendorf <beholder@unios.dhs.org>
To:        Tim Kellers <timothyk@serv1.wallnet.com>
Cc:        Massimiliano Stucchi <willythemax@yahoo.it>, Andrew J Caines <A.J.Caines@halplant.com>, Nuno Teixeira <nunotex@pt-quorum.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Portupgrade Utility

Considering most people would want CVSUP and portupgrade if they install
ports (sorry maybe this is a big assumption), why not include some
pkg_add's to the script to install them from Net/CD when  ports is selected.

That way, they are not part of the base system, and only get included
when they'd be useful.

Tim Kellers wrote:

> Because ports themselves are an option in the base system, if one doesn't
> want to install ports or the system sources (why anyone wouldn't want them
> is another subject), you don't need cvsup.
>
> Tim Kellers
> CPE/NJIT
>
> On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Massimiliano Stucchi wrote:
>

>>Anyway, if not portupgrade, why not include cvsup in the base system, as I
>>think we're talking about a really necessary utility ?
>>
>>                         Massimiliano Stucchi

Pat Wendorf