Date:      Sun, 26 Jun 2016 09:37:54 +0000
From:      <org.freebsd.security@io7m.com>
To:        Alan Somers <asomers@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ifconfig: BRDGADD lo1: invalid argument

Hello.

On 2016-06-25T18:13:18 -0600
Alan Somers <asomers@freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 4:05 PM,  <org.freebsd.security@io7m.com> wrote:
> > I'm not using vnet jails. I'm actually just trying to get filtering of
> > outbound traffic (see the other mail I sent to this list a few seconds
> > before you responded).
>
> Based on my experience, I highly recommend vnet jails if you want
> outbound filtering.  It's much simpler than trying to filter outbound
> traffic from shared-IP jails.

I'm trying to look at vnet jails, but they still seem to be mostly
undocumented and not entirely supported. Lots of fairly recent posts
online regarding panics in day-to-day use. Using them in production
seems risky. Is there something I should be looking at in particular?

When you say shared-IP jails, what exactly are you referring to? I'm
not sure what's shared in this case; I have one public IP (it's a VPS)
but individual jails are on their own private loopback addresses.