Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 1997 08:14:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris Timmons <skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu>
To:        mika ruohotie <bsdcur@shadows.aeon.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hands up

Mika,

> i'm not sure if the dumpfs.c should include the patch wolfgang (sp?)
> introduced yesterday, still my cvsup doesnt give it to me, no biggie.

CVSup can't give it to you until something is committed :)  For now, your
current make worlds will blow up at /usr/src/sbin/dumpfs/dumpfs.c... it's
a feature.

> subject, how fast line do i need for making cvsup.fi.freebsd.org, funet.fi
> gave me the impression they are not interested in providing that)

You could probably support a few clients with a 56kb line and still get
some work done.  Obviously most of the traffic load is heading outbound,
which means if you are sharing a line with a big WWW server farm it might
not be a good idea for you on such a slow line.

> is my /usr/src hosed? (probably from changing cvsupsites on the fly?)

Changing CVSup sites on the fly shouldn't be harmful to your source.  Make
sure you have a good supfile for current
(eg. /usr/share/examples/cvsup/standard-supfile)

-Chris