Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 2006 18:51:04 +0800
From:      Dinesh Nair <dinesh@alphaque.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unable to get RealTek 8139C+ to work with re(4) under FreeBSD 6.1

On 08/14/06 17:22 Dinesh Nair said the following:

> i've got a single board computer with VIA C3 Samuel 2, 256MB RAM and 4
> onboard Realtek 8139C+ NICs. I'm attempting to get FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE
> working on them, but the realtek NICs just don't seem to want to work.
> booting up led to a kernel trap with the following,

based on a pointer from luigi rizzo, i disabled the check for the 8139C+ in
/usr/src/sys/pci/if_rl.c to force the rl driver to bind to the card, and
that seemed to do the trick in getting it to work. ifconfig still shows
that the media is set to 'none' and a missing status line, but the box is
pingable at the least.

dinesh@alphaque.com                (0 0)   http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/