Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 1995 23:47:22 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        karl@bagpuss.demon.co.uk (Karl Strickland)
Cc:        ds3721@strydr.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sendmail - CCMAIL Problem

Karl Strickland stands accused of saying:
> > I am having a problem using FreeBSD as a CCMail Gateway.  Whenever the
> > CCMail system sends to the FreeBSD box, the CCMail message is returned
> > and the log says "500 Command Unrecognized".
> >
> > If I change the gateway to a different machine, everything works fine.
> > The FreeBSD box is running Sendmail 8.6.9.  Has anybody had a similiar
> > experience, or have any ideas about what may be causing the problem?
>
> Is the other box also running 8.6.9 ?  If so, whats the differences
> in their /etc/sendmail.cf's ?

The other box is running CC:mail, so obviously it's not running sendmail
at all.

> To make progress, you really need to find out which command is unreognised.
> If this isnt being logged, you can stick a printf in sendmail to find it out.

If you wind the debugging up far enough on sendmail it should tell you
what's going on (if it doesn't fill /var first 8)

try invoking sendmail with "-bd -q5m -d9999" as arguments for testing
purposes.

> Mailed using ELM on FreeBSD               |                    Karl Strickland

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" - Terry Lambert                            [[