Date:      Thu, 24 Apr 2003 15:28:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@pcnet1.pcnet.com>
To:        John Meyers <meyers@sdf-eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KSE contribution

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, John Meyers wrote:

> Hi,
> 	I want to be guided by someone.I would like to take up the
> multiple KSEs one  per CPU and deliver signals to threads.
> I am not an experienced hacker but would like to learn.
> Waiting for you cooperation.

We have multiple KSEs currently.  Enable them with
pthread_setconcurrency().  Or use scope system threads.

We're currently working out issues with signaling, so
stay tuned for that.

The most help now would be to help test and debug.
Run it with real-world applications if you have any.
Use it with KDE, konqueror, mozilla, etc in your
daily usage and see if anything breaks.  Find some
performance tests, compare with libc_r, libthr,
linuxthreads, etc.  Tell us what you find, where you
think we need to focus.

--
Dan Eischen