Date:      Tue, 16 Dec 1997 22:48:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brian Handy <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        Tim Liddelow <TLiddelow@cybec.com.au>
Cc:        Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pentium optimizations

>Yeah, well I've been a supporter of going to ELF for ages ... no need to
>convince me of this one.  John Dyson for president! :) (just kidding
>Jordan).

I thought this was a forgone conclusion?  Wasn't there a one-liner where
we decided "Oh yea, *that's* why we're going to ELF, and then the two or
three people who actually have the know-how to do this (Soren and John
Polstra spring to mind, there must be a few others) ran off to puzzle this
out.  I imagine when they have the time to finish this problem, you're
going to see a mega-commit to -current moving us to ELF.

But, then again, I could just be blowing smoke.  It's happened [far too
many] times before...

Happy trails,

Brian