Date:      Wed, 08 Apr 2009 22:52:22 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        lucky.veeramallu@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to change entry point for secondary boot loader ?

In message: <22964143.post@talk.nabble.com>
            Lucky443 <lucky.veeramallu@gmail.com> writes:
:
: Hi All,
: I have a KMC board with mips VR4131 processor. The target board already
: having cmon boot loader on flash. Now I need to put my yamon boot loader
: which I modified according to the requirement on the flash. As we know MIPS
: have fixed starting address 0xbfc00000, how to change this address to other
: address so that after power on it can enter to the new address (boot
: loader).
: If any one has some idea, please help me
: Thanks in advance.

You can't change MIPS' power-on address.  It is hard-coded for a
reason...

If you put yamon on the flash, it should start instead of cmon...

Warner