Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 1995 09:55:31 PDT
From:      "Marty Leisner" <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NE2000 on 2.0

I finally got freebsd running on a PC (I installed it on the
main drive on another PC, I have two PCs, one running Linux
with 2Gigabytes of disk, and I want a simpler one to run
freebsd...

Both machines have NE2000 Linksys clones...no problem with linux...

However, I've had nothing but grief with freebsd...

I have ed1 mapped to interrupt 4/port 0x300 (this works with linux)
[I used the boot loader -c option)

and get:

ed1: device timeout (consistently)

ip is working (I can ping localhost)
but I can't:
	ping a remote host
	ping the bsd machine from a remote host...

I also want to install a cross-compiling environment on linux
to make freebsd executables...and kernels...

marty		leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com
Member of the League for Programming Freedom (http://www.lpf.org)
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic
        Arthur C. Clarke, The Lost Worlds of 2001