Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2000 10:58:37 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Joshua Goodall <joshua@roughtrade.net>
To:        "Brian O'Shea" <boshea@ricochet.net>
Cc:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Security of NAT "firewall" vs. packet filtering firewall.

I did not intend "raw" as a technical term. I meant simply the use of
/sbin/natd with a very bare & basic configuration, as might be implemented
by configuration via /etc/rc.conf

fyi the other possible NAT systems used on freebsd might be:

ipfilter
ppp -nat
netgraph ( i think )
+ many other implementations, but the above will provide you with
plenty of reading matter  :)

- J