Date:      Sat, 27 Jan 2001 13:02:39 -0500
From:      "Dave VanAuken" <dave@hawk-systems.com>
To:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: copy a "Jail" environment

have not seen the article yet though am aware of openroot.  from what
you are describing it doesn't fit the bill for what I am looking
for...

once I have a streamlined jail environmant with all the ports
installed (or included) into it that I require, I wish to duplicate
the installation for additional ip addresses on the same machine.

for example:  	cp -Rp /usr/home/jail /usr/home/192.168.1.10
			cp -Rp /usr/home/jail /usr/home/192.168.1.11

Have done so and it appears to be functiing normally, just curious as
to any pitfalls, problems that may arise...  what about porting the
jail template over to another machine and using it there?  Potential
problems?

I am not trying to restore a jail environment to its original state as
I believe your response indicates...  though the source code may be
able to be modified to accomodate the copying.

Dave