Date:      Tue, 11 Sep 2001 02:00:18 -0400
From:      "Institute For Social Ecology" <ise@tao.ca>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   httpd in free(): warning: recursive call.

Hello,

I am very new to Apache administration, and am looking for some
feedback on an apache/freeBSD issue. I have been frequently dealing
with httpd maxing out at well over 150 threads, and running, bringing
my system to a near standstill. My error log confirms that apache is
being maxed out, but also turns up some weird stuff. Actually, when
httpd does max out, the error log pumps out several hundred pages of
this:

httpd in free(): warning: recursive call.

and

httpd in malloc(): warning: recursive call.

I have looked around to find an explanation for this warning, and have
come up empty handed. Any ideas?

Any thoughts is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Michael

FYI: I am running

FreeBSD 4.1.1-STABLE
Apache Version Apache/1.3.17
Apache Release 10317100
Apache API Version 19990320
User/Group nobody(65534)/65534
Max Requests Per Child: 30
Keep Alive: on
Max Per Connection: 100
Timeouts Connection: 300
Keep-Alive: 15
Server Root /usr/local/apache
Loaded Modules mod_perl, mod_php4, mod_setenvif, mod_auth, mod_access,
mod_alias, mod_userdir, mod_actions, mod_imap, mod_asis, mod_cgi,
mod_dir, mod_autoindex, mod_include, mod_status, mod_negotiation,
mod_mime, mod_log_config, mod_env, http_core