Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 2002 12:56:26 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
To:        Munechika Sumikawa <sumikawa@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, <yasu@sfc.wide.ad.jp>
Subject:   Re: ports/40511: update for net/zebra (no-ipv6 option)

Hi there,

On Wed, 4 Sep 2002, Munechika Sumikawa wrote:

MS> > net/zebra running under machine without INET6 produce annoying
MS> > warnings about unability to access IPv6 sockets:
MS> >
MS> > 2002/07/13 01:36:23 ZEBRA: can't get ip6forwarding value
MS> > 2002/07/13 01:36:23 ZEBRA: can't create router advertisement socket: Protocol not supported
MS>
MS> This is just warning as you say.  I believe there is no impact to real
MS> operation.
MS>
MS> I don't like WITHOUT_IPV6 approach because it does not make users
MS> using binary package happy.  Do you have any other idea? For example,
MS> will you satisfy if the above warnings are just removed?

As I mentioned, especially for binary packages, there would be useful to
provide slave port with WITHOUT_IPV6 defined *and* with -nov6 or similar
suffix.

But, if you object slave port creation, removing the warning (or, better,
reduce its severity) may be appropriate too.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
D.Marck                                   [DM5020, DM268-RIPE, DM3-RIPN]