Date:      Thu, 11 Apr 2002 01:50:52 +0930
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   JCK Status

Hi all,

I realise there is quite a deal of interest about this status, hence
I'm posting a summary of where things are at.  Please realise that much of
the information about the tests is under an NDA, which means that I'm
limited about what I can say and although I appreciate people wanting
to help, you can't.  In fact, the most help people can be is being
patient, as annoying as that may be for you :).  Be aware that getting
these tests right can take a full time engineer several months and this
is all being done by volunteer labour in people's spare time.

What I can say is that there are essentially two testing categories,
one for Compiler tests and one for Runtime tests.  There are thousands
of tests in each category and getting everything configured and set up
to run them isn't an easy task.  Even getting the hardware setup right
to cope with this is non-trivial.

Having said that, the stage we are at is:

Compiler tests:  All tests run.  19 tests fail.
Runtime tests: Testing set up is finally working, some configuration
               still needs tuning though as there are _many_ bogus
	       failures right now.

I will update this to the list as progress is made.  Please don't send me
personal email asking for updates, you're just taking up time I could be
using to run the tests.  I appreciate your patience and understanding.

--
Greg Lewis                            Email : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Eyes Beyond                           Web   : http://www.eyesbeyond.com