Date:      Tue, 31 Jan 95 17:53:35 MST
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        jerryk@indy.net (Jerry Kelley)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Mosaic problem

> I'm afraid I already know the answer to this question but I'll ask anyway.
> I've fired up Mosaic under XFree86 and when I launch, I get a boatload of
> warnings about key translations in the Xterm window where I launched.
> Mosaic does run but using the keyboard is almost impossible.  My guess is
> that I'm missing some Motif libraries.  Is that the case?

No.  You appear to be missing /usr/lib/X11/XKeysymDB.

Make sure you have the /usr/lib/X11 -> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11 symlink.

> (BTW, I am going to try Netscape.  I use it on my Windows machine (please
> don't hate me) and it works great.  But I'm still a fan of Mosaic and NCSA
> and wanted to give it a fair shot.)

It will have the same problem.  In addition, it will want an nls directory
if you are running it under X11R6 instead of X11R5 (localization changed
between R5 and R6), and it will want two environment variables set.

Getting Netscape running was one of the things recently posted to this list,
so if nothing else, you can check the list archives.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.