Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 2002 08:33:44 -0600
From:      Rik Scarborough <RikSca@kc.rr.com>
To:        Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc:        Alexey Zelkin <phantom@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Java <java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Work being done on mod_jk?

From the documentation I've read, mod_jk will work to connect apache
to tomcat.  It is a separate download (the file is
jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.0.4-b1-src.tar.gz for the latest).  The
mod_jk seems to be a rewrite from the previous version.

I've can compile that version of mod_jk, but when I try to use it
in Apache2 under FreeBSD, I get an error saying it cannot find one
of the pthread methods (I can post the actually message if anyone
wants to see it).

My guess is, since FreeBSD is loading libc for Apache, it will not load
libc_r for the threading library.  I can't seem to get around this.

If no one else is working on this, I may take it as a project, but it
may be several months before I can hack out a solution.

There seems to be another solution as well, call Warp (however this may
be webapp with a different name, I can't tell yet).  But I can find very
little documentation on it.

~Rik
* Jan Grant (Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk) [020325 08:23]:

--
Ranger Rik -- RikSca@mac.com

Brought to you by FreeBSD 4.5               Joshua 24:15