Date:      Wed, 05 Sep 2012 00:39:04 +0200
From:      olli hauer <ohauer@gmx.de>
To:        Mike Jakubik <mike.jakubik@intertainservices.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>, Olli Hauer <ohauer@FreeBSD.org>, "apache@FreeBSD.org" <apache@freebsd.org>, Waitman Gobble <uzimac@da3m0n8t3r.com>
Subject:   Re: apache22 options NG rewrite testers wanted

On 2012-09-04 22:49, olli hauer wrote:
> On 2012-09-04 22:29, Mike Jakubik wrote:

>>> Right,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your support!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> olli
>>

>> Hello,
>>
>> This change seems to break an upgrade path on my system.
>>
>> # pkg_version -v|grep needs
>> apache-worker-2.2.22_5              <   needs updating (port has
>> 2.2.22_7)
>>
>> Ok, lets update it.
>>
>> # portmaster apache-worker
>>
>> ===>>> Currently installed version: apache-worker-2.2.22_5
>> ===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/www/apache22
>>
>> 	===>>> This port is marked IGNORE
>> 	===>>> does not build with CGI. Please de-select CGI and select CGID
>> instead
>>

>> 	===>>> If you are sure you can build it, remove the
>> 	       IGNORE line in the Makefile and try again.
>> Terminated
>>
>> Great, no more cgi, seems like cgid is the new cgi, OK, lets update the
>> config.
>>
>> # cd /usr/ports/www/apache22
>> # make config
>>
>> Uncheck mod_cgi. Run portmaster again, same error message.
>>
>> # cd /usr/ports/www/apache22-worker-mpm
>> # make config
>>
>> Hrm, mod_cgi is not even listed here. Lets trey to build this port.
>>
>> # make
>>
>> ===>  apache22-worker-mpm-2.2.22_7 conflicts with installed package(s):
>>       apache-worker-2.2.22_5
>>
>>       They install files into the same place.
>>       You may want to stop build with Ctrl + C.
>>
>> Conflicts? It's the same port....

Ah sorry, I answered only one part and only half ...
CGI shouldn't be used with event and worker MPM.
See http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_cgi.html

Since we know the chosen MPM only after the user selected the options and
have then not really the possibility to disable CGI. We have to use IGNORE
(before we silently changed CGI to CGID)

For apache, apache-peruser-mpm and apache-itk-mpm CGI is still available
and a valid option.

The second change is with the look forward to pkg and apache24 so the PORTNAME,
PACKAGENAME and LATEST_LINK do match (was not the case before)

If you have issues with the way Bryan described just temporarily change in
the www/apache port CONFLICTS= to _CONFLICTS.

Btw. if you use
  portmaster -o www/apache22-worker-mpm www/apache22
you will end up with apache and not apache-worker-mpm

Regards,
olli