Date:      Thu, 18 May 2017 22:17:40 +0100
From:      Bob Eager <rde@tavi.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   smbfs and SMB1

I have just disabled SMB1 on some Windows machines on the network.

I find that (as far as I can see) I can no longer mount shares on the
machines from FreeBSD, using smbfs.

Is it the case that smbfs supports ONLY SMB1? Or is there a workround?

Someone will probably mention Samba. Yes, I use Samba as a server on
some machines, but the ones in question are clients and do not have
Samba installed (and I don't quite see how to use it as a transparent
client anyway).

Help, please!