Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 2000 18:39:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      eighner@io.com
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/21466: port xpaint-2.5.7 won't make install

>Number:         21466
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       port xpaint-2.5.7 won't make install
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Port xpaint-2.5.7 freshly cvsuped won't make install.  Port appears
to be unable to find the tiff, jpeg, and png includes, expecting them
to be in *sub* directories of /usr/local/include (i.e. /usr/local/include/tiff, etc.)
Patch aa *does* appear to correctly alter Local.config file, indicating that the includes
are *not* in subdirectories, but for some reason this doesn't seem to help make install.
By creating subdirectories and symbolic links to the tiff, jpeg, and png files, I got xpaint to install and it runs.  There is someplace else these include paths need to be corrected.
>How-To-Repeat:
attempt to make install with a freshly cvsupped xpaint-2.5.7 port
>Fix:
There is some place else that the include paths must be corrected and patch-aa is not addressing the problem in that other place.
Stinky hack solution is to create directories /usr/local/include/tiff, /usr/local/includ/jpeg, and
/usr/local/include/png and in .../tiff do ln -s ../tiff* . , in .../jpeg do ln -s ../j* . , and in .../png do ln -s ../png* .  .
I hold my nose while I do this, but the port make installs and xpaint then runs.