Date:      Tue, 19 Jul 2011 18:03:37 +0530
From:      "Jayachandran C." <c.jayachandran@gmail.com>
To:        Attilio Rao <attilio@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@freebsd.org>, freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bumping MAXCPU for MIPS configurations
References:  <BANLkTima1XC-K0d2gY=hRSb1BGE_TX2rZw@mail.gmail.com> <BANLkTik%2Bhz-S=umvmy99SScypNg8JFfRWg@mail.gmail.com> <BANLkTimiayq1yExjLSobDhHK0mSAOdXkKA@mail.gmail.com> <BANLkTikF8MRXV7sajRZCg_Va4JbvsepnYw@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ-FndAj1j7YN2YqdxMd%2BvjiEhyqp=SedXg5HMHgV--6nSU5kg@mail.gmail.com> <CA%2B7sy7BGE0u35oohnBViiYTGUqGybtNVCY_pJxVcY8RhUzwmpA@mail.gmail.com> <CAJ-FndBF%2B6mCwp6rw5HsqLTBcFJRTSkvFBaTdH=G7CbqAZo3mg@mail.gmail.com>

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 5:18 PM, Attilio Rao <attilio@freebsd.org> wrote:
> 2011/7/19 Jayachandran C. <c.jayachandran@gmail.com>:
>> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 6:37 AM, Attilio Rao <attilio@freebsd.org> wrote=
:

>>> So what do you think about this patch?:
>>> http://www.freebsd.org/~attilio/maxcpu_bump.diff
>>>
>>> I already got Marcel's approval on ia64 part, but I need you review
>>> the mips bits.
>>
>> For the XLP changes, we don't really need 128 for MAXCPU now. =A0The ICI
>> interface driver which is needed to connect multiple XLPs together to
>> get 64/128 cpus have not been checked in yet. =A0I plan to do this a few
>> months down the line.
>
> As I'm going to bump the MAXCPUs for all the architectures now, where
> needed, I'm not sure why we should not do that now, even if the full
> support is not ready yet.
>
> If you are strongly against the change I won't commit it, otherwise it
> would be good to bump now, along with amd64 and ia64.

I have no issues with bumping it up to 128. Thought I would just note
that we don't support it yet, and hopefully we can remedy that soon :)

JC.