Date:      Wed, 9 May 2001 11:49:07 +0100
From:      Rasputin <rara.rasputin@virgin.net>
To:        Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net>
Cc:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: setkey(3) not present in the system

* Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net> [010509 11:41]:
> On Wed, 9 May 2001, Rasputin wrote:
>
> > Anybody know where I can get these functions?
> > Thanks.
> >
> > /usr/lib/libc.so: WARNING!  setkey(3) not present in the system!
> > /usr/lib/libc.so: WARNING!  des_setkey(3) not present in the system!
> > /usr/lib/libc.so: WARNING!  encrypt(3) not present in the system!
> > /usr/lib/libc.so: WARNING!  des_cipher(3) not present in the system!

> Just follow your nose, it always knows!  :-)
> des_setkey(3) manpage mentions -lcipher. Looks like it's in

If you could see the size of my nose, you'd be even more amazed I missed this..
Someone else mentioned -lcipher, I'll throw that in and give it a whirl.

Thanks.

Incidentally, (and OT-ly), this is my favourite error message...

--
Things will be bright in P.M.  A cop will shine a light in your face.
Rasputin :: Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns ::