Date:      Thu, 7 Oct 2004 08:16:32 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Remko Lodder <remko@elvandar.org>
Cc:        "Bigelow, Andrea L." <BigelowA@SEC.GOV>
Subject:   Re: FTP Proxies and Ports

--SUOF0GtieIMvvwua

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 12:07:59AM +0200, Remko Lodder wrote:
> Bigelow, Andrea L. wrote:

> >I've thus far been unsuccessful with $FTP_PROXY and $HTTP_PROXY in getti=
ng
> >fetch to honor my company's FTP proxy. The easiest way to use the proxy =
is=20
can
> >specify that this format be used anytime I want to download and install =
or
> >update a port? I'm using fetch instead of CVSup.=20
=20
> I'd needed to set
> ftp_proxy=3Dhttp://username:password@<proxy>:<prt>;
> and
> http_proxy=3Dhttp://username:password@<proxy>:<prt>;
> while using squid.
> Yes there are 2 http's.

For convenience, you can set those variables from within /etc/make.conf:

    FETCH_ENV=3D   FTP_PROXY=3Dhttp://username:password@proxy.example.com:3=
128/ \
                 HTTP_PROXY=3Dhttp://username:password@proxy.example.com:31=
28/

You can also use the HTTP_PROXY_AUTH variable where:

    HTTP_PROXY=3Dhttp://proxy.example.com:3128/
    HTTP_PROXY_AUTH=3Dbasic:*:username:password

is equivalent to the previous HTTP_PROXY setting.  In theory that can
let you use other HTTP authorization schemes than basic auth, except
that support for those other schemes has not yet been added to
libfetch.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20