Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 2007 20:30:26 -0500
From:      "Chris Haulmark" <chris@sigd.net>
To:        <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   UFS2 with SAN

Hello,

I am looking into setting up a SAN with several web servers that
will be clustered.  It would be a FC network using Qlogic cards
in each of those FreeBSD web servers.  It would be about 5+
of those web servers.

I want to have the capability to share the same web data across
those web servers.  I have scorched the entire mailing list and=20
found that there were some work on GFS porting over to FreeBSD.
It seems like that it is just all talk and if I am wrong, could
you have my head turned over to where I can find out how to enable
GFS on those FreeBSD systems.

If GFS is out of question, which file system am I recommendeded
to attempt to use for this SAN setup?

My first thought to use UFS2 and attempt is to allow only one web
server to have a write/read access while the reminder would be
read only access. That should prevent from lockings that is similar
on NFS/NAS.

Chris