Date:      Fri, 27 Jun 1997 12:21:59 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   scanner software and scsi subsystem

Howdy,

I am playing with "sane":
http://www.azstarnet.com/~axplinux/sane/

>From the docs:

 When using this controller, be sure to configure the kernel such that
 tagged command queueing is disabled, targets are not allowed to
 disconnect, and make sure the SCSI timeout is reasonably big; the
 default timeout for the Linux 2.0 kernels is 10 seconds, which is way too
 low when scanning large area.

So I am wondering how can I disable tagged command queuing and not to
allow target disconnect?

My controller is an adaptec 2940.

Already ported "sane" however something is wrong in the way of protocol
handshaking with my UMAX-S12 and my guess is it  has to deal with the above
two features.

	Tnks,
	Amancio